Re: [OM] Santa brought me the Fuji F70

Subject: Re: [OM] Santa brought me the Fuji F70
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 19:51:04 -0800

Chris Barker wrote:
> It is, indeed.  I should like to have captured that sort of scene, but I
> would have to get out more ... :-)

Thanks much guys!

The pre-IS trick is to be able to hand hold 1/4 sec. or find handy
supports. In this case, I was standing out in the open, away from any
support, and luckily turned out to be steady. I've heard folks say that
holding the camera out to peer at the LCD is unsteady, but have not felt
it any worse than any other way, with a little attention to breathing
and standing still.

Chris, this was no photo outing, just walking with friends from a
restaurant to a small event at a church. I had no intent of taking pics,
but followed the rule this time, and had a small camera on my belt.
There crossing the church driveway, the scene was laid right out for me.
One night, one op, two shots, one winner.

It's fun to be out with people, come back, show them an image and have
them ask with wonder where you shot it. "While you made a beeline for
the door without looking around. Remember looking back to see where I
was and why I was behind?" Photography is a good way to see what's about
one.

Moose