Re: [OM] Mac BS [was OT - new monitor setup]

Subject: Re: [OM] Mac BS [was OT - new monitor setup]
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:42:52 -0600
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not proselytising, Moose, merely offering a solution to a difficult
> peripheral setup -- to someone who is not as deep into the OS as you.

Chris, if someone mentioned a difficulty in working with an adapter so
that he could use his Zuikos on X brand camera, and someone else
offered the suggestion just to go with a Y brand camera, would that
seem like a solution to you?  That is how it comes across, at least to
me.  I had a breakdown along the road once and a motorist slowed down
and said "Get a horse."  The "Get a Mac" suggestion often comes across
that way to me -- more well-meaning I realize, certainly, but often
giving no clear insight as to the problem being addressed.

BTW the monitor is working great in analog mode.  I'm sorry I conveyed
a sense that the problem was so difficult to manage as it would
warrant a complete change of platform to address it.  Hard to imagine
how it could be better with DVI, but I might give it a try down the
road as the adapters suitable to my purposes are cheap enough and I do
enjoy getting under the hood, as AF puts it, occasionally.

Enjoy your stuff, Chris, all the best in 2010, and no hard feelings I hope.

Joel W.