Re: [OM] (OM) OT A-Data USB Flash drive

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT A-Data USB Flash drive
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:37:52 -0500
Not having Windows Vista or Windows 7 I'd never heard of Windows
ReadyBoost.  But in looking up info on your specific flash drive I see
comments that it supports ReadyBoost.  ReadyBoost has the ability to use
flash drives as memory cache while at the same time using part of the
space as a stadard disk drive.  A 16GB flash drive would normally be
formatted as FAT32.  However, using ReadyBoost requires that the drive
be formatted as NTFS or exFAT in order to avoid the 4GB file size
limitation of FAT32.

Questions:  Are you running Vista?  Is it possible that Windows' query
about formatting the drive is actually a request to reformat to NTFS or
exFAT in order to support ReadyBoost?

Chuck Norcutt