Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: point and shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: point and shoot
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 20:00:14 +1100
I'm disturbed that we seem to be in agreement on the images - I'll try
and do better in future. :-)

As to children -
1 Why?
a) Mere youth is no excuse.
b) That not everyone loves them like (hopefully) their parents.
c) They impose on me - I do not seek them out.
d) They must learnt to recognise the limits and boundaries.

2. Forgiveness
a) Disturbing me while I'm trying to have a quiet meal/coffee requires
forgiveness.
b) This is a no-fault scenario.
c) There is no need to remind me - my knees and back will do that.
d) I have been known to congratulate the parents of charming and well
behaved small children.

I like to spend at least part of my days in a cafe or two, quietly
reading and chatting with friends. Unfortunately the town where I live
is infested with alternative lifestylers and similar - feral or self-
absorbed young women who seem to think that letting their snot-nose
brats treat the cafe as if it is a playground while they do the same.
The idea of training their offspring to behave appropriately does not
occur. The owner/chef hates them as they nurse a coffee for ages and
drive off serious customers.
We pointed out to one waitress the other day that as she is now 25
years old and in Belgrave, she should have at least two or three
grubby children at heel by now and, possibly, even know who their
fathers are. She shuddered and pointed out that she lives elsewhere.
When I was a child I reserved my mad and bad behaviour to appropriate
places such as down in the creek. My parents instructed me on how to
behave in cafes, restaurants, churches and other public places where I
might be at risk of irritating the less tolerant. I was expelled from
school but that was for something rather more spectacular than mere
noisiness and aggravation.
If I'm intolerant it's possibly because I spent years dealing with
poorly behaved, narcissistic teenagers who were the product of
hopeless parents. That said, I do prefer to deal with the young when
they are over 15 years old. At that age their intellects are
brightshinynew - and they can actually use them if they see fit.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx