Re: [OM] facebook horn tooting, was english pedantry, was Windows 7

Subject: Re: [OM] facebook horn tooting, was english pedantry, was Windows 7
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 21:53:37 -0200
thanks Chuck.

'fogey' or 'fogy' get translated to the idiomatic expression "chapado
a la antigua" - quite exactly the same as what you found. But noy
'fogie'.
In my Oxford dictionary (book): (pl. fogeys or fogies) a person with
old fashioned ideas that he or she is unwilling to change: "He sounds
like such an old fogey !".

I have several versions of this 1942 composition of Kern - Mercer
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Old_Fashioned>.

Few better than the one played by John Coltrane (IMHO !).

;-)

Fernando.