Re: [OM] Third party batteries, Tenpa magnifier for glasses wearers

Subject: Re: [OM] Third party batteries, Tenpa magnifier for glasses wearers
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 19:34:11 -0600
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Folks, two questions:
>
> I just bought, via the auction site, a viewfinder magnifier quaintly named
> "TENPA 1.22x eyecup eyepiece magnifier for wear glasses."
>
> My E-510 is a great camera, but the viewfinder is just too darn small.
> What I read online convinced me that as a glasses wearer, the Olympus ME-1
> magnifier would probably not work for me (cuts off the corners or sides of
> image for many glasses wearers).  Several people said that the Tenpa
> worked for them. So now that I've bought it, has anyone else here tried
> it? :-)

Hi Peter,
I shall be interested in your experience with the Tenpa.  I bought an
ME-1 with the 330.  It works also with the 410, which I have, but I am
just as happy with the naked VF of the 410 as the 330 +ME-1.  It is
either of such small effect as to be of little value, or I am just a
VF dullard.  The E-1 viewfinder also seems a little better than the
E-3's, which I don't really believe truly is the case.

I hope it works well for you.
Joel W.