Re: [OM] question for Dr. Battery

Subject: Re: [OM] question for Dr. Battery
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:43:59 -0600

> These tests do not compare high rate capacity, but even at these rates
> the Eneloops  demonstrate lower internal resistance/higher voltage as
> demonstrated by the mWh being a bit higher than the competitors.
> So we might guess the Eneloops would have a bigger advantage at high
> discharge rates in comparison to competitors in this group.

As my primary usage for AA rechargeables is in camera flashes, I'll take
lower internal resistance over higher voltage any day of the week.

When I rebuilt the T45 battery pack this was one major consideration. Do I
replace the cells with NiCds or NiHd batteries. The current draw of the T45
is so extreme that I opted for the NiCds as they are better able to not only
provide the current without voltage drop, but do so without damaging the
cells.

Full dump recycling of the flash in two seconds and I have yet to wear the
pack completely down yet even after 150+ full dumps.  Yes, things get pretty
warm...

AG