Re: [OM] Paint Shop Pro Black Friday sale

Subject: Re: [OM] Paint Shop Pro Black Friday sale
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:35:54 -0800
Mike Lazzari wrote:
> http://store.corel.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HomeDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10302&catalogId=10103
> http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1184951547051#versionTabview=tab0
>
> Looks like a good deal. However I have a couple of questions for PSP users:
>
> 1) What's the difference between the Ultimate version ($40) and the standard
> version ($30)  besides the $10? I have no use for the hyped add-ons and
> freebies with the Ultimate version unless I'm missing something in the fine
> print.

The way I read the site, all they sell now is Ultimate. $30 is for an
upgrade, $40 for new user.

> b) Is there RAW support for the E620? It's not on the list of supported
> models but that list is months old.

Not very impressive. The list doesn't include the Canon 5DII or G10,
both released 14 months ago, let alone G11, nor the E-30. The 50D,
released Aug. '08 is shown as requiring a program update.

Sounds like they are either way behind the curve or their web site is.
Hmmm... The little pop-up window for support has two apparent links that
don't do anything and one that goes to a blank web site. Not exactly
encouraging.

> If you answer correctly I may order tomorrow.

I might be interested in the experiment at that price, but not if it
doesn't handle newer cameras.

Moose