Re: [OM] Darkroom in a Squeeze

Subject: Re: [OM] Darkroom in a Squeeze
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:45:20 -0600

> Reminds me of my first darkroom, in a closet above a stairwell.

My dad's darkroom was the old coal room in the basement of the house. My
first darkroom of my own was a bedroom closet. In our Newton house, I had a
nice large darkroom in what used to be a basement bedroom. Lot's of space.
 But, pretty primitive as compared to NSURIT's new digs.

> How do you get your prints from the dry side to the wet side?  Do you use
> an
> empty enlarging paper envelope?

The utility closet is off of the hallway containing the washer and dryer.
They are effectively the same space. The hallway has three doors--one
leading into the two-car garage, another into the kitchen and the third into
the utility closet where we usually hang our coats and put our shoes.

Make no mistake about it, though.  It's tight.  It's not luxurious, but it
is usable.

AG