Re: [OM] How long before we see the micro 4/3 concept used by everybody

Subject: Re: [OM] How long before we see the micro 4/3 concept used by everybody else?
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:23:03 -0600
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:38 AM, philippe.amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Just teasing you Joel sorry.
> I have the same hopes with a Leica R9 Diesel, never to come,

No problem.  I live to tease and be teased.

In my reverie regarding mirrorless FF I think back to Mr. Watenabe's
interview in the last year in which he said 12 MP is enough for a 4/3
sensor.  If one needs more, he said, one should move to a FF system.
I now wonder why he would say that if a mirrorless FF body were not at
least conceivable, since he has no interest in buyers moving to FF
currently.  But as Chuck points out, Panny is probably in a much
better position to realize such a concept.

Joel W.