Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT; China - a shift in global power?

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT; China - a shift in global power?
From: wiliam Wagenaar <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:20:39 +0100 (CET)
In many parts of France the tap water is drinkable quite well and even does
taste good. In many parts however the quality is not that good and bacause
there is no easy way to tell the good from the bad water on beforehand bottled
water is advised throughout France.

Last summer I visited the USA and could not drink the water.

Not because of the hardness, but because of the amount of chlorine added to it.
Even softdrinks prepared in all restaurants tasted after the chlorine. And all
the icecubes that are added to all drinks (if not asked not to add them) make
drinks from tin cans taste after chlorine.

One aspect I really hated in the US, sorry about that. Most people that served
us in the restaurants did not even recognise the problem. "Nothing is wrong
with your drink, sir".

Wiliam