Re: [OM] Completely OT--Playstation 3 questions

Subject: Re: [OM] Completely OT--Playstation 3 questions
From: "jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:02:28 -0800
For playing Blu-ray movies you really don't need the hard-drive.  The
cheapest Playstation is about $300 and a couple of months ago the price of
the Blu-ray players was about the same.  Now the players have dropped in
price and I have seen prices in the $150-$200 range.   If you are not going
to want to play games I would just buy a player there should be some good
prices in the coming week at several different store if you are willing to
put up with the crowds.  One more thing while you can use the game
controller to play the Blu-ray movies Sony sells a remote control to make
it easier and that is about $25.  Hope this helps John

PS3.
> Any comments on the PS3 as a Blu-ray player vs. dedicated Blu-ray  decks?
>
> Also, what memory capacity do I need? I see the newest (slim) models come

> in 120GB and 250GB capacities. Will I need the 250GB capacity? I know
with
> computers the rule is buy a bigger HD than you think you'll ever need.
I've