[OM] Completely OT--Playstation 3 questions

Subject: [OM] Completely OT--Playstation 3 questions
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:50:44 EST
I know we've got a lot of tech-heads on this list and many varied
interests, and have a couple of OT questions about the PS3. I'm thinking  about
getting a PS3 console mainly to use as a Blu-ray player, with the game  console
aspect just an add-on, since I don't seem to have extra time to play  games
but do watch some movies. I'd be using it with my 50" Sony SRXD TV, which
is capable of 1080i resolution.

I notice many of the Blu-ray decks are in the same price range as the  PS3.
Any comments on the PS3 as a Blu-ray player vs. dedicated Blu-ray  decks?

Also, what memory capacity do I need? I see the newest (slim) models come
in 120GB and 250GB capacities. Will I need the 250GB capacity? I know with
computers the rule is buy a bigger HD than you think you'll ever need. I've
done  more than one HD upgrade because I filled up the original drive in the
 computer.

Thanks for any and all advice/opinions!
Greg