Re: [OM] Anyone spot a CV 180 in OM mount?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone spot a CV 180 in OM mount?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 19:48:49 -0500
Good news!  Big Foot's longer brother firmly in a snare in Osaka. I was
skeptical but Dawid was correct--one did show up.
An esteemed list member Jeff K had the great idea of contacting an
occassional yabe seller from Japan that seemed to
find some CV lenses.  He indeed rembered seeing one in OM mount in
Osaka and it is still there!  It has a modest aperture assymetry issue
when way stopped down (seems to afflict a number of this series) but
otherwise in reasonable shape.  Not NIB for list price like my super
lucky original Big Foot find but this is a very lucky  event due to
Jeff's ingenuity.  I won't say I have plural Big Feet until it is
firmly in hand, but it looks good.
The  original hoods (not with this lens) seem to be still available.

A shocked, happy Mike

Mike, some months back I have set up a couple of eBay saved searches
etc. just to be on the lookout for this lens for you. If enough of
us keep our eyes peeled, I am sure somebody will find one for you!

It's no use me actually looking around physically here in South Africa,
the odds are just to small, but I have asked around a couple of places
in anyway.

Perseverance! It will happen...

P.S. Since you've christened your Voigtlander Apo Lanther 125mm Macro
"Bigfoot", what on earth am I supposed to call my newly acquired, 4kg
250/2.0 then? Godzilla?

:-)