Re: [OM] Some 250/2.0 Samples (colour, Fuji 800)

Subject: Re: [OM] Some 250/2.0 Samples (colour, Fuji 800)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 09:19:02 +0200
Definitely Andrew - on a bad day, when I really pushed my 1D MkIIN at
ISO3200 + some underexposure, it looks about the same. Still, the
nature of the grain (completely random, no banding or other imposed
structure) plus the lack of uneven-sized colour blotching does make
the film grain personally a bit more appealing to me. But it's really
at least 2-3 stops behind typical (i.e. Four Thirds) DSLR technology.
Of course, resolution is also much lower, I would estimate the ISO 800
film to be no better than a 4MP DSLR.