Re: [OM] OT: Gmail and Apps, was OT; China - a shift in global power?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Gmail and Apps, was OT; China - a shift in global power?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:51:58 -0600
The only issues I have with GMAIL are the following:
1. No Request for Read-Receipt
2. No Request for Delivery-Receipt
3. Cloud Computing with no guarantee the data has been backed up

My Palm Centro smartphone has the ability to access my GMAIL account
directly and send/receive mail. I have it set to automatically look for new
mail every 15 minutes, but can update on demand. However, when sending
messages to the list, me posts get bounced because the sending server is
different.

So,

When reading mail and wanting to respond to the list, I use the m.gmail
pages which are formated specifically for smartphones. It is pretty much the
entire full-function gmail brouser page and when sending mail it does so
from gmail, not the smartphone.

Like others, I use GMAIL to collect mail from multiple sources and I've got
five accounts it retreives and parses mail from.

AG