Re: [OM] [IMG] on another cloud.

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] on another cloud.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:33:39 -0800
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> small
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/4107457202/>
> large
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/4107457202/sizes/o/>
>
> handheld Olympus OM 2n on Auto mode, Zuiko 200mm ƒ/4 @ ƒ/8 - Ektachorme
> 100 - sRGB

On this matter of art, I disagree with Chuck. I like the composition a
great deal as it is.Very fine capture.

I know you have gone through a great deal of trouble and work on
questions of scans, processing and color spaces. It's all seemed
amazingly complex to me, and far beyond any issues I've had with film
scans, but not clear where the major problem(s) lie.

Still  - this image looks sort of like overdone Velvia, not Ektachrome
and certainly not like I imagine the original looked. I don't believe
I've ever seen clouds that color. It's so easy to get a natural looking
color for this kind of subject. I've posted alternatives, none of which
took over a handful of seconds to do.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/FGonzalezG/David.htm>

I suppose the WB version, with its stronger blues might look more like
Extachrome, but the only Ektachrome I am familiar with is decades old.
Each by itself looks to me like it could be a natural rendition of the
subject.

Moose