Re: [OM] Speaking of paradigms [was The fate of the Universe [was IMG: F

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of paradigms [was The fate of the Universe [was IMG: Friday Flower, sort of ...]]
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 18:42:27 -0500
I recall in my writing days with WORD having to use some sort of hard
space in the ellipsis to keep the dots from breaking if they happened
to fall at the end of a line. Don't remember how to do that now. But
then I'm not writing anything anymore that requires that degree of
precision.

One of the benefits of this list, as far as I'm concerned, is the
nearly universal manifestation of literacy to be found, and I am
particularly taken with those for whom English is not the mother
tongue. It's so very nice to read post after post in which the
grammatical crackups are few and far between. I have seen lists where
grammar has been lost in the black hole and spelling never existed at
all.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com