Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.

Subject: Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:45:08 -0600

> According to Ken ACR wouldn't know how to boil water.  I'd make my own
> decision.

Hardly.  I've been very specific as to my gripes with the ACR engine. It's
good stuff for most camera files.  E-3 files are NOT among the list.

To summarize, my issues with ACR/LR/Photoshop comes down to three items:

1. ACR camera profiles are typically based on a very limited number of
pictures of a single test chart in only one kind of lighting.
2. E-3 Files have very specific "issues" in ACR based conversion.
3. Adobe. Adobe makes SCO seem like the neighborhood soup kitchen in
comparison.  Few companies have greed down to such an artform. It used to be
that Microsoft was the "evil company". I'd say that Adobe took that evilness
to an all new level.

My money, I spend it how I want. For me, I'd rather not send any more money
that way than I absolutely have to.

Oh, and Chuck, I do own and use a legitimate copy of PSE with ACR.

AG