Re: [OM] Separated Zuiko 250/2, was: Inside the Zuiko 300mm F4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Separated Zuiko 250/2, was: Inside the Zuiko 300mm F4.5
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:00:59 -0500
Balderdash!  The surface of the lens is smooth to within 1 millionth of
an inch (probably about 1/8 wave) but the thickness of the glass is
nowhere so closely controlled since it's not mechanically measurable to
that kind of precision.  Whether one could repolish and maintain the
precision I think would depend on what was wrong with it in the first place.

Chuck Norcutt