Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.

Subject: Re: [OM] Who in the world writes this junk? - Raw software rant.
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 10:45:59 -0800
Russ,

Many of the raw converters allow you to adjust WB, histogram expansion,
highlight recovery, exposure compensation, sharpening,  ect without
having to deal with a full-on image editor. Some programs even will do
light editing such as dust touch-up and local contrast/color
enhancement. I guess what I am really trying to avoid is firing up a
full blown image editor to do basic raw conversion and global editing.
If one just wants to convert the file just in order to edit it in
typical editing software I am not sure I see much advantage to shooting
raw in the first place. (But maybe I am missing something myself.)