Re: [OM] The Curse of the Lost Lens Cap

Subject: Re: [OM] The Curse of the Lost Lens Cap
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:06:52 -0500
Reminds me of the plight of a friend who lost his car keys about 6
months ago while visiting his sister.  He was leaving the house and had
taken his suitcase down to the car.  At some point he returned to the
house and, in the middle of that, received a cell phone call from his
wife.  On returning to the car he discovered he was locked out and could
not find his keys.  He had to call his daughter and have her overnight
his spare set of keys.

Probably dozens of hours spent searching the house, the grounds and the
car all to no avail.  Then about a month ago he and his wife were on
another trip (same suitcase) and sitting in an airport lobby.  His wife
noticed his car keys setting in the well where the collapsible pull
handle goes.  She commented to him... "Don't you think that's a
dangerous place to put your keys?  They could easily fall out."  He
said: "What keys.  My keys are in my pocket".  Then he realized the
missing keys had been found.  They had been in the suitcase's handle
well all along.  The same suitcase had also been on two other trips with
them in between.

Chuck Norcutt