[OM] Chuck's cataract, was: Clouds Crush Village!

Subject: [OM] Chuck's cataract, was: Clouds Crush Village!
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:06:18 -0500
Sounds good.  Don't get too concerned if the vision clears up and then
gets a bit cloudy with glare.  About 25% will develop  schmutz on the
posterior capsule and require a YAG posterior capsulotomy.  I like the
idea of the Crystalens that moves when your ciliary muscles contract to
provide some accomodation to near and middle distances---takes at least
a few weeks to relearn this vs the previous autonomic reflexes.
(not as elegant of nature's version).  Not sure I like the Restor (3
zone lens) or REZOOM flavors with an "apodized lens."  The toric IOL
for astigmatism is cool as well---need experienced surgeons for these
as the installation can be challenging.  Suspect you elected the usual
approach as
you haven't mentioned any of the other options---expensive and often
the price differential is NOT covered..  One thing about Boston, you
throw a stone and hit at least two experts and experienced surgeons are
a snap to to locate.

A non opthalmologist Mike but who pays attention to this.  (likes all
kinds of lenses)

New eyes, new knee, creeping up to 7,000K!
Great - here's hoping your white balance returns.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx