Re: [OM] Chuck's cataract, was: Clouds Crush Village!

Subject: Re: [OM] Chuck's cataract, was: Clouds Crush Village!
From: Frank van Lindert <FXCM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 23:45:29 +0100

I had the same experience two years ago, after cataract surgery on
both eyes. On some days I thought that the sky was clear but with a
pale blue colour, and only noticing that the sun was missing made me
realize that the sky was completely overcast!

When cooking on gas I sometimes couldn't see the flame, because all of
the old yellow colouring was invisible for me.
I think that in terms of colour temperature the difference was at
least 500 K ;-)

It did influence my pictures as well. I processed them differently
than before, I put definitely more yellow in them after the surgery -
but I only noticed that a few months later, when I was able to compare
older and more recent ones.

Frank van LIndert
Utrecht NL.