Re: [OM] OT: Video with primes on Canyon

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Video with primes on Canyon
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 13:05:55 +1100
Quick response without checking - I doubt that the FP shutter is used
for 30fps movie mode. That would kill an SLR shutter fairly quickly
and the noise would be unamusing, especially when it failed!  The
Lartigue car wheel thesis is fun but it's likely to be an effect of
the frame rate surely.
Canon's update for manual control certainly implies this and on the
few occasions I've idly pressed that button, the action was silent.
I really should shoot some movie this summer but it's not something
that I ever really do or ever have.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx