Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) an off-topic question for rural USA-dwellers
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:06:52 EDT

In a message dated 10/31/2009 2:36:12 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  suspect that part (b) here refers to not being allowed to plant the
seeds  derived from commercially developed (and patented) corn  seeds.
<http://www.doeblers.com/08/2010%20RPM%20Growers%20Agreemnet.pdf>
If  you use the commercially developed and patented seeds your rights are
limited to the resulting corn as a food crop and not as a seed crop.   As
long as patent protection is on the seed you must buy seed from a
licensed seed distributor and do so each year.

So it sounds a little like a contract issue.  Sort of like buying a  copy
of Photoshop for your own use and then making a bunch of copies and either
giving them away or selling them.  Interesting and I didn't know these
things were happening with patented seeds and it does make sense.  Hmm, a
little
like selling the rights to one of your images for a one time use and then
finding it popping up every where, being used by a bunch of different
folks.  It is getting clearer.  Bill Barber