[OM] Geocoding images [was A Few From Acadia National Park]

Subject: [OM] Geocoding images [was A Few From Acadia National Park]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:54:12 -0400
Thanks for the f/u on that.  Have been waiting since I saw the I-gotU.
Smaller and less expensive than the Jobo I had been watching.  Some
significant bugs early on but I haven't kept track.  Be a bit nicer to
tag the Jpeg and RAW w/o fussing.   The I-GOTU perhaps is better
with multiple cams going too.  Ability to replace the battery would be
a plus though.
Thanks again for the report.

http://www.jobo.com/web/photoGPS.447.0.html

Mike

It only works for JPEGs, but will output standard location point files
and other, free apps will do the same things with RAW files, geocoding
and mapping. I've downloaded three, only tried one so far. It works
well technically, although the user interface is a little opaque. I
suppose I'll get around to seeing if the others have better interfaces,
but really, geocoding the RAW files is my goal and it does that fine.

Once geocoded, images can be displayed located on maps by lots of apps
and web sites, if desired. And of course, I can tell where in the world
I was when I took them. I did finally figure out where in Maine I took
some images that have been mysteries since the last trip.