Re: [OM] OT: Printers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Printers
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:53:12 -0600
Thanks, Mike.
Photos and labels is all I want this one for.
Unfortunately can't find one that does cds/dvds and photos with good
longevity, quality, and software.
Canons need a 3rd party hack.
Epson's quality is in the tank this year.
Hp's software is really awful.

I think I'll end up with an older model Epson or an older model HP that
can use the 3rd party software that Rand suggested.

I am surprised to find that the Canon inks are very expensive.
I expected, after all the complaints I've heard over the years about
Epson's ink usage and ink costs, that Epson's would be the most expensive.
 From what I've found Canon is a good deal higher. Perhaps they last longer?
I did not have a complaint about ink usage with the Epsons I've owned.

Candace