Re: [OM] 25 F0.95 - was E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style

Subject: Re: [OM] 25 F0.95 - was E-P1 hands-on report - AG Schnozz Style
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:19:42 +0100
Hi Dean and all,

From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
>you-know-where 270472408637 and, more recently, 160364972621.  Holy
>sh*t!!  I'll have to try this lens on my E-1 or E-420 with the C-mount
>to OM adapter before listing it FS.

I'm afraid that adapter does just the opposite: fits an OM lens to a C-mount
camera, of much smaller format and register. The other way round would be
impossible, unless used for extreme macro (never infinity focus!)

>Or do I need
>micro 4/3?

I thought it would be impossible also, because the C-mount register is just
17.5mm versus 20mm on the micro 4/3... but it seems that most C lenses have
very narrow barrels and, without a mirror, a mechanical adapter may have its
threads somewhat recessed into the micro 4/3 body. See <
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150368147650> for
instance (no connection)

Still, the image circle could be too small for the sensor. It depends on the
particular lens, values between 11 and 16mm being usual, whereas the micro
4/3 sensor needs nearly 22mm for full coverage. However, the C-mount lens
may cover a larger circle than specified with impaired performance...
testing never hurts, much less with digital! ;-)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)