Re: [OM] How long before we see the micro 4/3 concept used by everybody

Subject: Re: [OM] How long before we see the micro 4/3 concept used by everybody else?
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:55:03 +1000
On their (D)SLRs, I've always enjoyed Canon's "spin that wheel"
appoach to control when it's been used (two wheels - next to shutter
finger and under thumb on back). It works for me really well.
Unfortunately, with the 5DMkII, they've added a joystick as well for,
for instance, image navigation, and it brings me no joy. Apart from
being too far for my thumb, it's breaks that "two-wheels-and-a-button"
simplicity I enjoyed on the 50E and 10D.

The worst camera to master the controls of (for myself) was the Oly
c5050z. Buttons and such feel like they're here, there and everwhere.
Saying that, once you'd "customised" it and created your favourite
settings and stored them, and generally "mastered" it, that "mess"
disappeared and it became simple. I wouldn't call it good, but it
rewarded familiarity (I've lost that, but I'm about to reanimate it
with some new batteries and media, so we'll see how long it takes to
reap that reward again...if only Apple/Oly let me read its raw ORF
files natively on my iMac. ~sigh~ I have to convert them to DNG to get
Aperture to play nice).

Cheers,
Marc