Re: [OM] Zuikos on 5D-II, was: Velvia Mood

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikos on 5D-II, was: Velvia Mood
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:22:04 -0500

> Another interesing feature of live view... From now on, my "digital back"
> for manual lenses will be the Panasonic GF-1 -- no more dark screens while
> checking DoF! And that sweet 'shutter speed preview'...

For those on the "Schnozz Watch" wondering what the current scorecard says,
the GF1 is the current front-runner for purchase.  However, that's based on
the moment. As I'm not desiring to buy anything until the last possible
moment, I've got until March to make my decision and a lot of new models
will be introduced before then.

But let it be known loud and clear--as of the time of this posting, I think
that the GF1 is the most significant affordable camera on the market. But
even though I state that, I am of a firm belief that the design is nothing
more than a stopgap measure until "post-modern" cameras become the norm and
we have tactile controls again.

I know that Olympus won't do it. Olympus is an innovator in so many ways,
but in this area I think they are "Canon Wannabe" with the interface design.
For a company that hates Canon, they do everything in their power to mimic
it.

AG