Re: [OM] Question for E-1 Users

Subject: Re: [OM] Question for E-1 Users
From: "Clay Nichols" <Clay.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:18:20 -0400
Jim I have an E1 and 510. I have used the older Zuikos and E system lenses on
each. Haven't noticed a difference. But then I am blind in one eye and can't
see out of the other.
Clay

>>> "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 10/16/09 12:45 PM >>>
I have an E-510 which I use with my ZD 14-54 AF lens and several Leica-R and
Pentax manual focus lenses. From what I have read, the finder and screen of the
E-1 would give me better focusing ability and a more realistic DOF rendition
when using the MF lenses than I am currently getting with the E-510. Is this
correct? Does the E-1 screen more closely resemble a frosted screen than the
transparent screen of the E-510?

I have been considering the acquisition of an E-1, but have never had the
opportunity to examine one. Hence the questions above.

TIA,

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA