Re: [OM] Yes, I know that you know these things, however . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] Yes, I know that you know these things, however . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:53:11 EDT

In a message dated 10/15/2009 7:29:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

have  bought from them but probably not for 3 years.

Chuck  Norcutt

I have no problem buying "top of the line" items, however there are time
when one really doesn't need to do so.  That should not be interpreted as  my
saying junk is OK if you spend less dollars.  What I've found so far,  with
my somewhat limited experience, is that Amvona offers a reasonable product
at a reasonable price.  Because they have daily "sales", I have waited to
buy from them when something I wanted was on sale.  So I got a decent
tripod with a decent heavy duty ball head for about $100.  It is not as
precision as my Kirk/Bogen and it will absolute do the job for about 15-20% of
what
I paid for the Kirk/Bogen.  If someone want to dip their toe in these
waters, watch the sales.  Bill Barber