Re: [OM] Here you go, E-5 Viewfinder

Subject: Re: [OM] Here you go, E-5 Viewfinder
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:10:09 -0400
It will.  Because it provides its own light the image won't be too dim
to view as the magnification goes up.  Also, this is just the first
product in a series.  There will be larger ones as well.

I'm excited about this.  The functionality of the Mynolta A1 with its
EVF is excellent.  The only problem with the A1 is the resolution is too
low.  This and the follow-on products will solve that.

The thing I like best about the A1's EVF is that screen brightness
tracks the exposure in manual mode.  In addition to having a live
histogram you can also watch the image change as you alter exposure.
Close down a stop and the screen gets darker.  Open up a stop and the
screen gets brighter.  And all in accordance with what the camera
actually expects to capture.  Maybe the current implementations of "live
view" do the same.  I'm looking forward to a different viewfinder world.

Chuck Norcutt