Re: [OM] Parker 51, was Adventures in Cell Phones

Subject: Re: [OM] Parker 51, was Adventures in Cell Phones
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 19:15:16 +0100
I can't remember where Hamish McBeth was based, Bob, sorry.

But where we were was pretty blowy on one day, up to 73kts reported at
Stornoway, not many miles west of us across the sea.  So the lochs had
white horses:

http://gallery.me.com/zuiko#100085/_9083255&bgcolor=black

And although Loch Inver is a sheltered sea loch the wind was whistling
up from the open sea at our cabin; this is it on a calm day:

http://gallery.me.com/zuiko#100085/_9113302&bgcolor=black

And the view across Loch Inver to part of Lochinver, with Suilven and
Canisp cloud-capped behind:

http://gallery.me.com/zuiko#100085/_9113301&bgcolor=black

It's probably a little more isolated than where you live, but just as
beautiful.

Chris