Re: [OM] OT: Nobel Prize

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Nobel Prize
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 12:57:58 -0400
  I'm sure you are quite right Chris, Philippe did not intend to be ironic
or sarcastic. In fact he e-mailed me off List to tell me so. I take his
statement at full face value. I just think it caught many by surprise that
he was given this award so early in his career. His approach to foreign
policy is of course a sea change from the previous administration and I
think that is what the Nobel committee is recognizing. Whether it amounts to
significant acheivements...we can only wait and see.

Charlie