[OM] Olympus question from new member

Subject: [OM] Olympus question from new member
From: Frank Wijsmuller <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 17:02:42 +0200
Hello Philippe,

for rumours look at 43rumors.com, you'll find several.

I would wait at least until the end of October, the 31th being reported as a
date Olympus will show some news. Could be only the e-p2, could be more. I
expect it to be slightly more, because it would sort of define their
Christmas sale 'position'.
I'm looking for another 43 body myself and sort of ended up wanting the
e-30. It has roughly the same weight and dimensions as an e-1, and I
preferred the grip over the e-620. Only drawback is that apparantly Olympus
is capable of producing better image quality (in the e-p1), so I might wait
a short while. I'm not in a hurry, still have an e-1. I would not buy an e-3
because of high-iso banding and the new 'in-the-camera' AF finetuning
possibilities, which I expect to be convenient. And of course because it is
too heavy to suit my needs.

On a side note, one of my e-1 died recently because it submerged (a bit
clumpsy in a canoe ;-). I think I should have get the battery out
immediatly, but I didn't (the kids were first priority ;-). However, my
14-54mm survived and still functions as far as I can see.

Good luck with your choice,

regards, Frank.