Re: [OM] Parker 51, was Adventures in Cell Phones

Subject: Re: [OM] Parker 51, was Adventures in Cell Phones
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:54:44 -0400
Fetishes are what makes life the joy it can be (as long as they don't
involve small children.)

Suggest to your colleague that he fill his 51 to capacity before
flying with it. That should alleviate the leak--either that, or
_really_ make a mess. I never fly with a fountain pen unless it's
empty, but I'm told if they're full, they don't tend to leak.

The Parker 75 is an excellent pen, and the sterling version is one of
the most beautiful pens ever produced. Writes pretty well, too. I had
a few of them pass through my hands, but at the time the market for
them was just too good to hold onto one. Same with the 51. I sold all
of mine before I realized I'd done it. Still have a box of 51 parts,
though. I might be able to cobble together a "Frankenpen."

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com