[OM] Parker 51, was Adventures in Cell Phones

Subject: [OM] Parker 51, was Adventures in Cell Phones
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 11:54:45 +0100
Ah, another fetish!

I don't have a Parker 51; my flying instructor colleague has 2,
though, each of which has a broken clip after having been kept in his
flying suit.  They tend to leak when he is airborne, of course, but he
really loves them.

I have a Parker 75 in Sterling Silver which I inherited, with a
matching ballpoint pen, from my late father.  It's a beautiful set but
there is something special and subtle about the 51 and the way it
writes.

I also have a Mont Blanc in burgundy, a Cross, stainless steel and
blue, a Rotring Newton set in black and 2 Pilot Capless pens.  But I'm
not obsessed with pens or anything ...

Chris