[OM] (OT) Found on the Internet

Subject: [OM] (OT) Found on the Internet
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:45:19 -0400
Okay, so I was noodling around the internet earlier, perusing Point of
Sale software in anticipation of opening a small gallery next year.
Don't want anything fancy. Even the not-fancy system we have at the
craft cooperative is too fancy, if you catch my drift.

So I wandered onto a site with free POS software. Okay, it's Windows
only, but that's okay, I'm thinking about using my Windows machine as
my cash register anyway. There's a long post on the site about how the
software came to be. I found the following line, and loved it, and
thought it should be shared.

"Error #2 was that there are people all over the earth who are writing
tax laws, they do not talk to each other, and they are all INSANE."

For those interested, the site is http://www.dhpos.com and I don't
know if I'll wind up with the software or not, but it's been a lot of
fun reading about it. At least the guy has got the global bureaucracy
nailed. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."
www.bwp33.com