Re: [OM] 357 batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] 357 batteries
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 07:36:12 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I don't know where the best place is to buy any more but the original
> Everready 357s are no longer made.  The replacement is called 357/303 or
> 367/303H.  Note that the 303H is rated at 175 mAh while the 303 is rated
> only 150 mAh.

For OM use, it's not the capacity, it's the curve. The 357/303 has a bad
curve, dropping continuously. It will fall below the minimum for shutter
operation, leading to shutter lock-up, long before using up all the
capacity. <http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/357-303.pdf>

The 357/303H has a nice flat curve out to 600 hrs, that drops fairly
suddenly. Not quite an incarnation of the original 357, but MUCH better
suited for OMs than the non "H" version. Doesn't matter where you buy,
as long as it's the correct version.

Moose