Re: [OM] Velvia Mood

Subject: Re: [OM] Velvia Mood
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 12:16:56 +0200
Hi Chuck, Ken and all,

From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>I'm pretty sure all the Canyon users here shoot raw.

No, I don't ;^) Although I'll stop being a Canyon user soon...

The Canyon software I had in the old (1995) computer I had back when I
purchased the 300D (2003) was simply awful, very slow, and showed very
little advantage to a reasonable exposed JPEG -- I use the highest
compression setting, indeed.

Ken Norton wrote:

> Now I just ignore it altogether. It is obvious that just like MP3 audio

> files being accepted as "great", the dumbing down of the masses has
occurred

> and the Canyon "look" is accepted as "great".

Something like that -- I rarely buy CD's. For casual, background listening,
MP3 does the trick. If I want to _listen_ to music, I use film... eeeer, I
mean... buy vynil ;^)

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)