Re: [OM] 80/4.0 Macro resolving power?

Subject: Re: [OM] 80/4.0 Macro resolving power?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:58:31 +0200
I have also produced some very high magnification with reversed high-
quality
lenses - Interestingly enough (and before I was the recipient of a
gift 20/3.5) the highest
resolution/magnification I've personally gotten was a reversed Zuiko
24/2.0 stuck to
my 135/3.5 :-) Quite extreme. Although few lenses are flat-fielded
enough to look good into the corners,
unlike the 20/3.5 which is perfect even at f/3.5 right into the
corner. (because it also projects an image
circle large enough to cover 4x5in film, so "corner" of the 35mm frame
is still pretty close to the centre
of the image.)

Did you guys know the 20/3.5 can cover 4x5in film at its optimum
working magnification? Also, my pet project
sometime will be to find a way to stick it onto my RB67 - 6x7cm at 12x
magnification, with vibration-less leaf
shutter sounds like heaven to me, assuming I can focus the thing.

Anyway, any reversed lens is going to absolutely suck compared to the
80/4.0 at 1:1 magnification,
even though they will do better at very high magnification.

So... as per my earlier request - does anybody have some real
resolution / MTF figures for the 80/4.0? And, while
they are at it, size of image circle? I don't think it'll be as
extreme as the 20mm, but I wonder if it'll cover
6x7cm?