Re: [OM] New affordable Sony FF

Subject: Re: [OM] New affordable Sony FF
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:10:42 -0500
I've been stewing on this and wondering about trashing the camera itself and
putting an OM flange directly on it. It would preclude ever being able to
use Sony/Minolta lenses, but would, at least, become directly a digital-OM
without the stop-down mechanism.

Speaking of such, I have a concept for an OM to m43 adaptor that would
require a donor m43 lens.  (maybe that would give that stupid 17mm lens
something to redeem itself over).

What I would do is remove all the optical guts from the lens, hacksaw the
front half of the body and place an OM flange up front. The electronics
would stay, but the aperture control mechanism would be attached to a much
more powerful motor/solonoid to move the aperture actuator in the attached
Zuiko...

Dream on, I know...

Actually, with the m43 and live-view there is little need to worry about
stop-down mechanisms. Just go ahead and crank down the aperture and work
with it in stop-down.  The live-view takes care of the monitor gain so we
see exactly what the picture will end up being anyway.

Yes, a Panasonic GF1 or GH1 could be my next digital camera.

AG