Re: [OM] one for walt

Subject: Re: [OM] one for walt
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 02:59:59 -0400
Doesn't the built in liquor cabinet with the free re-supply for a year
pretty much encourage drunk driving? When I lived in New Mexico drunk
driving was this huge issue there, because people didn't just drive drunk.
They drive DRUNK. The police regularly arrested drunk drivers with enough
alcohol in their blood that it should have killed them. I'm talking blood
alcohol levels of .35 and .4 !!!

The state had drive through liquor stores, and all the gas stations sold
hard liquor. Most of them sold single-shot sized bottles of whiskey for $1
each, and the little bottles were always on the front counter of the gas
stations, right by the register! Gee, I wonder why NM had a drunken driving
problem..the politicians kept wringing their hands but they just couldn't
figure it out!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography