Re: [OM] (OT) Samsung LCD monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Samsung LCD monitor
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 12:00:00 -0300
Thanks a lot Joel for finding this thread in answer to Robert's request.

The thread was posted during January, and I remain completely off-line
during January - fortunately found it into my TB.

Interestingly enough for me I'd like to point out a couple of issues:
1- there was a much more recent thread where Chuck pointed to a blog
where differences between TN, VA and IPS technologies were explained.
I had therefore assumed that all Samsung were different flavors of VA,
but it seems that Mike's is a simple TN and Moose's Syncmaster 226BW
specifications at Newegg say nothing, but
<http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/samsung-syncmaster-226bw/4507-3174_7-32327967.html?tag=mncol;psum>
states it's a simple TN too.

Samsung are harder to find here than the most common Viewsonic, but
I'm foreseeing an inevitable switch to a TFT display ...

Could there be a string to find, say: IPS + VA + Samsung + Viewsonic -
well, shall search by myself but my question might be useful in itself
for someone, I hope.

2- I had thought that CH was the one who had brought the
lagom.com-reference to this list - a very much useful piece of
information. To my surprise, Richard Lovison (long time no see - this
could have been one of his latest posts here) had already pointed to
lagom.com, and Ken acknowledged that.

Fernando.