Re: [OM] Photoshop advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop advice
From: Ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 05:13:04 -0400
I fully appreciate not wanting to waste time on the computer with
Photoshop, or the equivalent of spending time in a darkroom...
it can get to be quite a time sink and life is short. However,

Sometimes the fancy things work better. So this may be beyond
what you were looking for:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=26724

I have to say, for myself, finally getting more adept with Photoshop
and all it has to offer has helped me when viewing a scene
with the camera. I am much more aware of the relationship of
colors in a scene and am better able to visualize the final result
when I am taking a picture.

I imagine if one spent a lot of time in the darkroom that the same
thing would happen, that it would influence how one sees when
behind the camera.

Now if you really want to get fancy, which you said you didn't,
pick up a copy of Katrin Eismann's book. If the blue sky is really
gone, it is hard to recover it. So the choice is to spend time with
the scanner to recover what is there and blend multiple scans,
or do the PS thing and some kind of selection based on the
channels and add back what is missing.

The question of approach depends on what information can be
retrieved from the original image, or not.

WayneS