Re: [OM] IMG: A walk around Valencia

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A walk around Valencia
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:56:04 -0700

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> I have finally had time to finish editing my pictures from last weekend's
> trip to Perpignan. A very pleasant weekend, spent in good company, eating and
> drinking well, and looking at some very impressive photography. In the sprit
> of the photojournalism traditions that are in the air in Perpignan, most of
> these are B&W people pictures.
>
> http://www.frozenlight.eu/perpignan2009

I finally had some quiet time to look at these images. Both very
enjoyable visits.

Valencia - Leaving aside the penis crown, which is in its own category,
9-Playing in the barrio is my favorite. I'm a little puzzled at the
tonal distribution, with little contrast and an empty top end. I did my
own interpretation.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/Perpignan&image=Valencia09aiia.jpg>

My laptop isn't Krappy Kolor, and profiles fine. I put some time and
effort into looking at laptops, asking along a thumb drive of images
before buying. However, it has a very narrow viewing angle, so that
being sure about brightness is tricky.

I think second place goes to 12-Reflections. I also thought 14-Colourful
neighbourhood could use a bit of oomph.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/Perpignan&image=Valencia14aiia.jpg>

Perpignan - Both "Intimate, Café de la Poste" and "Not looking at
photographs" are wonderful; I can't pick a winner.  I've played with
both, of course, to provide alternative opinions.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/Perpignan&image=20090905_L1007323aiia.jpg>
and
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/Perpignan&image=20090906_L1007453aiia.jpg>

I also tried out alternate tonal distributions of a couple of others:
"Artiste setting up shop"
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/Perpignan&image=20090906_L1007438aiia.jpg>
and "Couvent de Minimes "
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Wajsman/Perpignan&image=20090906_L1007451aiia.jpg>