Re: [OM] OT: Off topic question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Off topic question
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:17:29 -0400
Coleman PDF instruction books can be found here:
<http://www.coleman.com/coleman/manuals/manuals_resp.asp?category_id=1000>

It's clear from a brief reading of the "1 mantle gas lantern" manual
that a new mantle is expected to be burned before lighting "in
accordance with the instructions on mantle envelope".  Also, "Let cool
after burning it off before lighting lantern.  Good air pressure in the
lantern will help to shape it and 30 minutes burn time on first lighting
will help its strength".

Instructions elsewhere say "Light bottom of mantle evenly (move match
back and forth) and leave to burn.  Once mantle has been burned it is
very fragile.  Be careful not to touch it with your finger or with a match".

When all else fails... read the instructions  :-)

Chuck Norcutt