Re: [OM] IMG: Death of an Oak Tree

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Death of an Oak Tree
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:51:35 -0500
Brian,

Thanks for the insight into my problem.  The last few summers here have been
dry, and the soil was well drained.  I found an ant infestation at the base
of the tree, so they may have played a role in its demise.  There is a
fungus circle about 50 feet north of the tree site, but I saw no evidence of
a connection.  Another of life's puzzles.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA